Special Feature: Honeymooning in Saint Lucia - The Enormous Picture Journal - Day 9
Tuesday, November 26 - Snorkeling and Board Games
Another wonderfully lazy morning. It’s been raining on and off. The clothes on the line are never going to be dry. We’ve been listening to music on Spotify (my “Cute.” playlist and some Switchfoot albums) while I record yesterday’s events.
We had no big plans for the day. We knew Anse Chastanet was just around the corner, so we made our way there to snorkel with our AirBnB’s provided snorkeling equipment.
The beach was pretty small and mostly dominated by the on-site resort. A man working for Simon Says Tours greeted us and directed us to where to snorkel. He predictably started most sentences with “Simon says”. That must get tiring.
The snorkeling was great! We were impressed at how many colorful variety of fish we were able to see. As far as snorkeling right off of the beach (as opposed to taking a boat out to some reefs) we considered the experience pretty good.
We headed back to our villa to hop in our little plunge pool before going back inside. We ended up playing a gnarly game of Scrabble. I hadn’t played in…maybe ever? But it was surprisingly competitive. I ended up pulling a 292-287 victory with the word “tut” for 6 points.
After dinner, I taught Ruby how to play Yahtzee. She enjoyed it, which I was happy about, because I quite like Yahtzee. We did a single-player practice round where I walked her through the logic of the gameplay, and she scored a remarkable score just doing that.
We played 3 rounds afterwards, and in our last round, she pulled a double Yahtzee to totally destroy me.
We were dead tired, and threw Pirates of the Caribbean 3 on for the second or third time. We made it a little further before I was falling asleep, so Ruby turned it off and she read Exodus to us.
- Day 1: Monday, November 18 - Traveling to Saint Lucia
- Day 2: Tuesday, November 19 - Enjoying La Batterie and Some Light Exploration
- Day 3: Wednesday, November 20 - Rainforest Hike with Terry
- Day 4: Thursday, November 21 - Choiseul, Font Deux Plantation, and the Balenbouche Estate
- Day 5: Friday, November 22 - Grocery Shopping, Tet Paul Trail, Volcano Sulfur Baths, Diamond Botanical Garden
- Day 6: Saturday, November 23 - Anse Ivrogne and Asa’s Nature Trail & Parrot Watching
- Day 7: Sunday, November 24 - Gros Piton and New Jerusalem Hot Springs
- Day 8: Monday, November 25 - Castries & Sandals Adventure
- Day 9: Tuesday, November 26 - Snorkeling and Board Games
- Day 10: Wednesday, November 27 - La Maison Creole and Flying Home